Custom Saddle Pads by Best Ever Pads Who do you want making your next saddle pad? Best Ever Pads are designed and made by professional horsemen with over 30 years experience in training, competing, and cowboying.
About the Company Best Ever Pads was established in 2002 by horsemen with over 30 years experience with horses. The pads are all handmade here in the USA and we not only make our pads but use them as well. Best Ever Pads is a unique and flourishing company that specializes in constructing custom saddle pads for the western and rodeo industries. Best Ever Pads offers an incredibly personalized experience for all forms of western and rodeo athletes across the country. In reality Best Ever Pads represents so much more than an innovative and stylish approach to saddle pads. This company has grown out of a tremendous love for the western way of life. Best Ever Pads epitomizes the essence of an incredible special sport, the love and value for an intimate family operation, and the commitment to supporting a sport and industry that is undeniably worthy of such advocacy.
Why Is It Called "Best Ever Saddle Pads?" Best Ever Pads are not like any other pad on the market today. The White’s have followed a specific formula in creating what is undoubtably the highest quality, best-looking pad available to equine athletes and trainers. Each pad is handmade with only the finest materials available, including top grade wool and leather.
Each pad is made from a wool foundation, making them durable and requiring little to no break-in time. The 100% wool pads are excellent at absorbing moisture, and wicking it away from the horse’s back to assist in heat removal. Wool felt pads offer the greatest comfort and compression protection for your horse. The denser the pad, the less it will compress under pressure, thus giving your horse a comfortable, enjoyable experience and allowing him to do his job to the best of his ability. The high-quality breathable materials allow the pads to be used alone, or with a Navajo blanket.
Our pads are specifically designed with your horse’s comfort and protection in mind. With that in mind, each pad is shaped into a two-piece contour design that allows for a comfortable fit, helping to eliminate pressure an discomfort along the horse’s spine, as well as helping to prevent over-cinching and saddle movement. In addition, specially designed wither cutouts over the withers allow for better clearance and reduced spinal pressure. Pads are also available in a variety of sizes to suit your specific needs, and are made using only the finest wool and leather products
Each pad is 100% hand made in the USA and made to order, that includes top grade 4.5 ounce wear leathers and spine reinforcement. These soft and durable pads require little to no break in time. Our 100% Wool pads are excellent at absorbing moisture and wicking it away to assist in heat removal. Wool pads offer the greatest compression protection. The denser the pad the less it will compress under pressure. The high quality breathable materials allow it to be used alone or with a Navajo.
King of Custom Saddle Pads It's what sets us apart. Best Ever Pads is the original custom saddle pad maker. We claim to be the first to use hair on hide wear leathers. Many have imitated us but no one compares to the original! We offer over 40 hair on hides, colored leathers, and exotic leathers. We also offer 20 crystals and faceted stones as well as gold or silver spots to add a little bling to your pad. Have your initials or brand done in these decorative rhinestones. You may also chose from one of our 8 stock design cutouts. Choose a wear leather with a design color to go with it. You may also decide to customize your design.
What About Custom Embroidery? You Bet! Best Ever Pads also offers custom in house embroidery. We specialize in doing award pads. Let Best Ever take care of your award needs because those that do their best deserve the Best. Make your event the one they remember. What Sizes Are Available?
We offer several different sizes of saddle pads to suit you and your horse’s specific needs. If you don’t see the size you need please call or email, as we do offer custom cuts for some pads for an additional fee.
• 25×25 Pony
• 28×28 Small Barrel
• 30×30 Standard
• 32×32 Large
• Need a custom size, let us know! We can help!
This handsome western saddle pad is specifically cut to allow the cinch to mold naturally around the horse’s girth allowing for closer contact for the rider’s legs. It is also cutout over the withers for better wither clearance and reduced spinal pressure. The two piece contour design allows for a comfortable fit that helps to eliminate pressure along the horse’s spine, and helps prevent over cinching, and saddle movement.
The OG Collection
Our OG Collection has been the core of the company since 2002. This top quality 100% needle-punched wool pad is 112 ounces per square yard, making it firm, durable and breathable. This pad is dark gray in color, and comes in several thickness options, to best suit your needs.
1″ Wool Pad
• All around work and play pad for normal to high withered horses. Recommended for barrel racers, team ropers, trail riders, team penners, cutters, reiners, colt starters, and performance horses.
3/4″ Wool Pad
• Designed for round back horses. Recommended for barrel racers, trailer riders, team penners, cutters, and reiners.
The Kush Collection
The Kush Collection is made from 100% high-quality, washed and pressed wool that is 136 ounces per square yard. It is durable and resistant to compression, yet soft and flexible. Properties of this pad allow it to absorb moisture, which aides in removing heat from the horse’s back. This pad is light gray in color, and comes in 1.25″, 1″ or 3/4″ thickness options.
1.25″ Thickness Pad
• Protection and compression prevention at it’s finest. Highly recommended for team ropers, and horses with high withers that need extra protection.
1″ Thickness Pad
• This is a great all around pad. Solid, durable protection for any level of performance horse. Recommended for team ropers, cutters, reiners, and performance horses.
3/4″ Thickness Pad
• Great lightweight pad, without sacrificing protection or comfort. Recommended for barrel racers, trailer riders, and team penners.
• Fleece Lining // Creates an especially soft feel for added comfort, with more shock absorption, and even better moisture wicking ability.
• Neoprene Lining // Shock absorbing as well as being anti fungal and antibacterial, it won’t absorb sweat, and is easy to clean.
Introduced in 2010, the CEO Collection was specially engineered to add more shock absorption for your horse’s comfort. The CEO Collection is comprised of a series of three different saddle pads, all created to serve a specific purpose. Each pad is made from a wool base that is similar to our “OG Collection.” It is 112 ounces per square yard of needle-punched wool, and is firm, durable and breathable.
The Fleesar Series
• The Fleesar adds a fleece lining to create an especially soft feel for added comfort, with more shock absorption, and even better moisture-wicking ability. The Fleesar is a great option if your current pad is rubbing your horse, or if your horse has thin or sensitive skin. It is dark gray in color, and is fully customizable.
The BHS Series
• The BHS Series adds a 3/8″ closed-cell foam insert to help distribute saddle pressure over the bars of the saddle, and reduce the breakdown of the pad over the bars. This pad is great for high withered horses and poor saddle fit. This layered design is great for an every day work pad and is designed for lasting wear. Pair it with a 1″ or 3/4″ wool base pad for a great all day cowboying pad, or try it paired with a 1/2″ felt for what we like to call our “1D Lite,” designed with the barrel racer in mind.
The Cadillac Series
• The Cadillac Series adds a 3/8″ closed-cell foam insert throughout the bars of the saddle, and an additional 1/4″ closed-cell foam insert placed strategically over the shoulders. It helps prevent the pad from collapsing in the area behind the shoulders by offering extra support. A great pad for team ropers, calf ropers, steer ropers and performance horses. Also recommended for senior and high withered horses.
What About Customizing Options?
Customization is perhaps the most exciting and unique feature of our pads. Each handmade pad is fully customizable, with a variety of option to choose from. Starting a wool foundation, there are five different wool blends to choose from, each meant to serve a specific need. Next, top quality 4.5 ounce wear leather is available in over 40 different options, to give your pad a unique look to set you apart from the crowd. Want to make your pad personal? No problem! Best Ever Pads take customization to a whole new level with stock designs, as well as custom brand, initial, imaging and embroidery options. Finish your design off with one of our unique border options including buck-stitching, crystals, or metal spots.
Our Pads not only come in a variety of sizes and wool blends, but there are dozens of custom options available as well. Below is a list of our available customization options:
• Wool Color
• Pad Size
• Pad Thickness
• Wear Leathers
• Stock Design or Custom Image
• Custom Brand or Text
• Spot Border or Crystal Border
• Buckstitching Border Note: that not all option combinations are available, and some options are not available for certain pads. Please see individual Pad Information pages for details.
How About Cleaning?
To prevent hair and dirt buildup you can use a rubber curry comb to gently brush the underside of the pad in circular motions. If necessary you can use a vacuum to remove loosened debris. If you need to wash the pad hold it by the wither hole and spray it with water from the inside to the outer edges in all directions (rotate the pad as you rinse). To dry lay naturally over a saddle rack or fence in the sun.
Shipping & Handling
Orders are shipped within 1-2 weeks, except for designer pads which take 8 to 12 weeks. Orders sent to addresses outside the continental United States are charged higher shipping.
Customers, with receipt, have 30 days to return unused items for a full refund minus shipping costs. We do not issue refunds on customized logos or brand names, therefore, make sure you have the correct information submitted before ordering. Customers with no receipt may exchange unused items for other merchandise of equal or lesser value. Pad not fitting your horse? Customers, with receipt, have 90 days to return their used pad for another pad collection of equal or lesser value. If you are not sure on the fit please take advantage of our pad consultation, where we help you decide on the best fit for you and your horse.
What Do People SAY About Their BEST EVER Saddle Pads?
I had pads on my horses that kept sliding back and not fitting correctly. Even with the first time of using these pads, not quite fit to my hores yet, they formed right to them and worked great! You guys really do have the BEST EVER pads! One thing I personally would like better is if the pad went down as far as the gator covering. I am afraid after a little bit of time the gator will wear out with only the leather exposed. Many others like the closeness of that feature, I however would like the pad to come down just as far. Over all, very satisfied customer! Jaquelyn C.
Love it! Will be ordering another in the near future! Sondra M.
I love this pad, very well made and fits great! Also got an email the day after I purchased saying it was on back order and they offered me a couple options, I decided to wait for the wool I originally ordered, and they refunded me shipping and answered fast and quick with great customer service ￼ thank you for a great experience and making great saddle pads! Will always recommend it! Hanna N. I can't tell you how amazed we were at both the quality, and the comfort. These are amazingly well made. We used them on our Quarter Horse and Morgan Mare. Both horses were more comfortable in the saddle, and actually moved out better! I can't imagine anyone not wanting to ride in a Best Ever Saddle pad!
Ann and Bob Pruitt- InfoHorse.com
Why Not Order YourBest Ever Pad Today!
Please call us today and let us introduce you to this incredible pad-- we also welcome you to see our list of dealers or you can order with us directly... we are also in the populuar SMITH BROTHERS Catalog! Be an original. Be an individual. Be your Best Ever and make sure your horse is at his or her BEST EVER too!
Contact: Our Friendly Staff
2445 Paradise Lane
Los Osos, California 93402 Phone: 805-528-8009 Email: Website: Click Here To Connect
Have a Product or Service that would benefit Horse Owners? Contact Ann